Why Work Here?
Expanding from a single location in Northgate Mall, Seattle, WA, Zumiez now maintains hundreds of stores scattered across the United States and Canada. Locations specialize in footwear, clothing, accessories, and DVDs for skate, surf, and snow enthusiasts. Shoppers select from trendy and fashionable shirts, flannels, hoodies, cardigans, jeans, leggings, skirts, and shorts. In addition to retail stores, the chain has an online presence. The company trades on NASDAQ as ZUMZ and yields annual revenue around $408 million.
In excess of 1,600 staff members support the everyday retail and online operations. Between stores, distribution centers, web fulfillment, and the home offices, potential employees find locations hiring year round and especially during peak seasons of May thru August and October to January. Laid back yet quick-paced environments are team-oriented and feature upbeat, friendly cultures. Extraordinary job benefits encourage large numbers of applicants along with flexible scheduling, room for advancement, and competitive pay rates.
Zumiez Online Application Process
Applying through the online career network is the most productive way to gain employment with the trendy chain. http://www.zumiez.com/jobs. A list of step-by-step directions follows:
- Candidates select an appropriate category of stores, web fulfillment, distribution centers, or the home offices. A list of job titles with short descriptions appears next. Applicants may select Apply Now if interested.
- Available positions appear on the next page along with a search bar to narrow down the list. Contenders open potential jobs and read the information regarding duties and qualifications. Click Apply to submit an application for a specific title.
- Job seekers may increase hiring chances by selecting additional locations within a 15-mile radius. Registered account holders enter email addresses and passwords, while new users must create accounts. Applicants must enter the answers to three challenge questions in order to continue.
- The main application form allows aspirants to upload resumes electronically. Information from the uploaded files are able to populate fields within the profile.
- Each category requests specific information, such as name, address, phone number, and availability.
- The professional profile inquires about prior employment and seeks the names and numbers of previous employers.
- Miscellaneous questions range from willingness to relocate and date of birth to languages spoken and additional skills. Contenders may upload additional files at the end.
- Online profile creators click Submit to review applications before sending them to hiring leaders. A voluntary questionnaire asks about ethnicity, gender, and veteran status, with requests about age, skillsets, and work abilities next. The application reaches completion at this point.
Featured openings vary depending on interest, skillsets, and locations. In retail stores, prospective team members apply for sales associate, assistant manager, and store manager jobs. At roughly $9.00 an hour, entry-level candidates enjoy careers communicating with customers, operating registers, folding clothing, and answering phones. Store managers receive pay rates starting at $34,000 a year. To assist patrons with online purchases, customer care representatives need to be prepared to answer questions and guide users through the shopping experience. Home office recruits find work in accounting, human resources, marketing, information technology, and operations.
Generous job benefits allow team members time to engage in outside commitments while still maintaining financial security and wellness. Medical insurance, along with dental and vision coverage, provides preventive care and health services to individuals in need. Eligible candidates may receive paid time off, depending on length of employment and job title. Further perks include life insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, an employee assistance program, and a stock purchase plan. Employees enjoy lavish discounts on store merchandise, as well.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Applicants need to be over the age of 16 years old. For warehouse positions, candidates be 18 years and older. In order to receive hiring consideration, contenders should utilize the online career network. By gathering information for applications ahead of time, job seekers likely speed the process up. Showcase only relevant details when providing resumes.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Following up in person or over the phone allows job hunters the opportunity to make personable impressions. By staying respectful at all times, candidates gain favorable treatment from recruiters. Normally, the hiring manager contacts qualified aspirants within a few days to a few weeks, based on staff needs and qualifications. If not selected for a desired position, contenders should apply to other positions, try back at a later date, or try another Zumiez branch.