Why Work Here?
Urban Outfitters provides employees with job security, advancement opportunities, and unique work environments. The retailer practices a distinctive commitment to individuality, as management encourages workers to apply personal styles and flair to job duties. Driven by popular culture, music, art, and community, the company is an excellent source for entry-level employment. Structured training programs polish young into professionals.
Online Application Process
Interested individuals should visit the company careers portal at https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=URBN&site=VjItSmJSOVQrSWdMM0ZGS0o1NlhCVFAzUT09 to submit applications. For guidance, follow the steps below:
- Applicants may browse through all available positions or specify locations and desired departments to sift through searchable results.
- After targeting preferred jobs, click the hyperlinked titles. Individuals land on a page offering the option to apply now or expedite the process using LinkedIn.
- Clicking Apply leads to the login page. From there, workers must create accounts using the job portal. Please us valid email addresses and original passwords.
- Individuals may then upload resumes. Taking advantage of the upload opportunity accelerates the application process.
- Candidates who do not upload resumes must manually fill in personal contact information, including street address, phone number, and age. Individuals also enjoy the option of attaching cover letters.
- The first section of application also asks applicants to describe past, pleasant experiences with the company, give examples of hobbies and pastimes, and detail availability.
- Upon completing the forms, candidates must click the Apply button for hiring consideration.
Workers commonly apply for sales associate, assistant store manager, and store manager job titles. Sales associate positions are commonly accessible and foster positive shopping environments for customers. Workers must enjoy fashion, maintain knowledge of all available products, and stand prepared to assist shoppers to perform well in sales associate positions. Excellent communications skills and friendly demeanors are also helpful. Assistant store managers gain useful leadership skills by working under store managers. Both management positions must organize employee work schedules, keep track of inventory, order more merchandise when necessary, address customer concerns, and lead subordinates by example. Assistant and store managers need exceptional written and verbal communication skills and to know how to multitask effectively. Promotions are available.
Urban Outfitters full-time and part-time associates enjoy access to comprehensive employee benefits packages. Medical insurance includes dental, life, and vision plans. Workers also have the option of joining 401(k) retirement plans with company match and acquire paid time off after working for the company for so long. Associates at all levels get employee discounts on company merchandise, including brand subsidiaries.
Helpful Tips For Applying
Interested individuals should polish resumes before starting the application process. Highlight any relevant past employment and skills gained to appear more favorable to hiring managers. Though cover letters remain optional portions of applications, ambitious candidates should take advantage of the opportunity to go above and beyond what stands expected. Always read over completed application materials before submitting to cut down on errors and redundancies.
How to Follow up after Applying Online
Candidates generally hear back from hiring managers within one week of submitting applications. Individuals anxious to check up on the progress of their forms should log back into the company job portal. Profiles offer updates on all past submissions and mark the documents received, rejected, or ready to move forward for hire. Additionally, individuals may call or email managers to ask about application statuses.