strong>Why Work Here? One of the largest agricultural supply retailers in the country, Tractor Supply Co. generates over $5.5 billion in annual revenues across 1,400-plus locations. Operating in 49 states, the retail chain boasts equipment, machinery, supplies, and clothing designed specifically for agri-business and residential landscaping, farming, and gardening. Unique product lines and conveniently located storefronts allow customers easy access to goods otherwise sold in large hybrid department stores. The nationwide chain also places locations in more rural areas, which caters to the demographics of regular shoppers.
Customer-centric business models and a widespread presence combine to create ideal opportunities for growth and expansion. As the company adds new stores, the retailer must hire new and motivated employees. Job opportunities consistently arise within entry-level, store-based positions as well as viable career options in management and the corporate offices located in Brentwood, TN. Employees generally start out at or slightly above minimum wage, with generous salary options available for assistant managers and store managers. Employment benefits packages also remain widely accessible based on job title and time spent with the company.
Tractor Supply Co. Online Application Process
Find excellent opportunities for work in the agricultural supply industry using the company online application: http://tractorsupply.jobs/?cm_sp=footer-_-tsc+careers. Follow the instructions below for more details:
- Job seekers first need to log onto the Tractor Supply Co. jobs portal using the hyperlink provided. After the website loads, workers should notice a job search function in the center of the website landing page. Enter in the information required, including keywords, position category, state, and city to narrow down search results and bring up vacancies at local stores.
- A data field with available positions should appear on the following page. If no positions in the category selected remain open and available, workers may need to select other categories or wait for jobs to become available at later dates.
- Click on a preferred job opening to begin the formal application process. Each position offers a full description of expected duties, the company mission, and the skills and experience hiring personnel look for in new candidates. At the bottom of each job title landing page sits a button labeled Apply Now. Use the button to access the online hiring form.
- The online Tractor Supply Co. application form requires candidates to create user profiles. Enter in valid email addresses and generate unique passwords to create the profiles. Before moving on, the form also asks candidates questions about how and where applicants heard about the available position(s). Workers may also utilize social media accounts to create online job profiles, which automatically prepopulate may of the sections featured in the application.
- Applicants encounter a variety of required information on the Tractor Supply Co. application. Specific data fields include areas reserved for names, addresses, phone numbers, willingness to relocate, willingness to travel, geographical preferences, typical availability (specific days of the week), shift preferences, and areas of interest. Job seekers also need to enter in highest levels of education completed and relevant information regarding backgrounds in retail. The hiring form provides room for candidates to list salary expectations and indicate any related certifications, licensures, or affiliations with agricultural organizations. Rounding out the first page of the online application, workers may copy and paste cover letters and resumes into designated data fields. Using social media accounts to create online profiles often prepopulates most of the required areas.
- After entering in the required information and clicking Next at the bottom of the page, the online application form allows job hopefuls to review the document before officially submitting the form for formal review.
- Tractor Supply Co. applicants then fill out a final general information page asking about current age, legal status to work in the United States, any past employment with the company or any relatives previously or currently employed by the retailer, and any possible interference candidates may possess in completing potential tasks. The form also asks workers to reiterate availability using a drop down menu for each day of the week. A final question asks when prospective associates remain available to start.
- Click Submit to finalize the application form.
The most prevalent positions for hire at Tractor Supply Co. stores include general team member, receiver, and customer service jobs. Workers vying for the entry-level positions historically need no real experience for employment consideration. However, most of the responsibilities for each job title require regular interaction with customers and the ability to perform manual labor. Some basic knowledge of agriculture may also benefit candidates. Applicants showing promise or proven leadership experience may find work as team leaders and store managers. The managerial roles often share duties and see to the overall profitability of store locations. Examples of key tasks include hiring and training new workers, setting employee schedules, driving sales, merchandising products, resolving customer complaints, and reporting to the company corporate offices.
Known as the Total Rewards program, the Tractor Supply Co. job benefits package includes lucrative financial planning assistance and healthcare options for qualified associates. In addition to flexible scheduling, paid training, and opportunities for career advancement, eligible employees enjoy access to equity programs offering shares of stock in the company, 401(k) retirement plans, and bonus incentives based on job performance. Other generous employment benefits include prescription drug plans, medical coverage, and dental and vision insurance.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Former or current affiliation with prominent agricultural organizations like 4-H and Future Farmers of America often lauds applicants during the hiring process. Workers should indicate involvement in such organizations and demonstrate strong personal interests in the industry. Job seekers with experience in retail also receive preferential treatment during the hiring and application processes. When filling out the online or in store application forms, prospective employees should take time to list any and all retail experience and then further explain passions for the industry during subsequent interviews if selected for review.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
The Tractor Supply Co. online application allows job seekers to log into personal landing pages to check on the statuses of outstanding hiring forms. Employment hopefuls check on applications by clicking on the My Account button sitting at the top of every page accessible after logging into personal profiles. Motivated candidates may bypass checking statuses using individual online profiles and directly call or visit locations to inquire about rankings in the interview process. Ask to speak to management specifically. If no manager remains available to answer or entertain questions about hiring, workers should leave contact information and brief messages stating the intentions behind the phone calls or visits.