Why Work Here? An American chain of fast-food restaurants, Taco Bell stands as a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. The parent company, also operating KFC, Pizza Hut, and WingStreet, generates more than $13 billion in annual revenue. The Mexican-inspired fast food chain employs around 175,000 people and garners nearly $2 billion in revenue each year. With over 5,900 locations, mostly throughout the United States, employee hiring takes place on a continual basis. Approximately 36 million customers patronize the chain each week and expect top-notch service at every location. Headquarters reside in Irvine, CA.
The motto of giving more and doing more inspires the workers of the eatery to ensure customer satisfaction. In return, staff members live healthy and vibrant lives with exceptional job benefits packages, fun workplace environments, flexible scheduling, and plenty of discounts. Nearly 80 percent of locations operate as franchises, with each maintaining slightly different hiring processes and expectations. Candidates find unique opportunities as team members, shift leads, assistant managers, and general managers; however, career-oriented individuals also enjoy positions in corporate fields of administration, finance, quality, franchise support, human resources, IT, and marketing.
Taco Bell Application Process
For hiring consideration, candidates should apply at the following website: http://jobs.tacobell.com/index.html. Detailed steps below allow for candidates to gain employment with the fast food company by submitting applications.
Follow the steps below to apply using the Taco Bell site
- Applicants select between corporate or restaurant openings by clicking a picture to the left or right on the main job network. If selecting restaurant positions, candidates choose between varies categories like shift lead, assistant manager, or team member. Aspirants also select appropriate states and desired locations.
- After selecting desirable openings, contenders select “Apply Now” followed by “Confirm Application.” The screen presents a disclosure and individuals must read through and agree to the information in order to continue. Basic contact information, to include name, email, and phone number, appear on the next page.
- Short questions, such as a consent to a drug screening and availability, appear on the forthcoming pages. Detailed information about work history and previous education come afterwards. The form also requests two references in order to move forward with the process.
- Another consent must receive attention and an electronic signature. A preview of the application form stands available before clicking submit.
- An assessment may stand necessary depending on the selected position. For team member applicants focusing on cashier and food prep duties, a few minute assessment remain required. Potential employees choose to continue in English or Spanish.
- Prospective workers complete roughly 25 questions based on skills, personalities, and previous employment. The assessment ends the application process.
Individuals seeking employment with Taco Bell choose between corporate and restaurant positions. Entry-level opportunities normally stem from team member jobs at franchised branches. Typically key attributes workers must possess include friendly, personable demeanors, tidy appearance, helpful to both customers and coworkers, and able to communicate in clear ways. Crew members earn pay rates between $7.00 and $11.00 an hour. Assistant managers garner slightly higher wages generally ranging between $10.00 and $12.00 an hour. Corporate openings include marketing, human resources, administrative, and other business-related fields. Hourly wages vary depending on position but normally start around $14.00 to $15.00.
A wide range of job benefits accompany all positions available. Staff members enjoy flexible scheduling, discounts during shifts, and complimentary uniforms. Additional employment benefits like paid sick time off, performance bonuses, educational assistance, and 401(k) retirement plans remain obtainable for employees. Taco Bell empowers and engages team members by providing access to continuing education. Whether interested in completing high school diplomas, GEDs, associates, bachelors, or even graduate degrees, staff maintain the option of receiving affordable education through the company.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Strong contenders demonstrate superior customer service skills when describing previous experience and prerequisites in resumes and applications. With many locations franchised, assertive candidates find success in approaching managers in person to turn in submissions. Applicants should arrive during slower hours to avoid lunch and dinner rushes. Professional attire and attitudes deem necessary to make great first impressions. Aspirants should also research the company and maintain updated resumes in preparation for interviews.
How to Follow Up after Applying Online
Taking as little as two days, recruiters quickly contact potential employees to schedule interviews. Wait times may become lengthy if applicant pools carry dozens of candidates. Following up in person or over the phone shows interest and the right amount of eagerness. Contenders should always appear polite when requesting the time of hiring leaders. Positions frequently become available so applicants should not loss hope if not selected for a particular opportunity, and instead try back again later on.