Why Work Here? Staples remains a leading retailer of office supplies. The retail chain operates more than 2,000 stores in 25 countries worldwide, including over 1,500 locations in the United States. With such a large and successful network of stores, the office supplies retailer boasts the ability to offer competitive pay rates, generous employment benefits, and exciting career paths to more than 85,000 associates.
In addition to hiring employees to work in stores, the international retailer hires workers to fill business-to-business and eCommerce sales jobs, supply chain and distribution positions, and corporate careers. Regardless of job title or career area, each crew member enjoys opportunities to collaborate with other workers and give honest feedback to a company which values community, diversity, the environment, and ethical business practices.
Staples Online Application Process
Prospective employees may apply online for Staples jobs at the company website by clicking on the Careers link below. Located at http://careers.staples.com/, the Careers homepage enables job seekers to apply for open positions in a few easy steps.
Follow the steps below to apply using the Staples site
- To begin the online application process, candidates need to click the link designated Search Jobs at the left side of the page.
- The resulting webpage features a listing of jobs available within the Staples network of stores. Applicants may narrow the search results by keyword, job number, function, and location.
- Click on a specific job listing for an overview of the position requirements and qualifications.
- To access the application form, select the Apply Now button at the top of the listing. New users need to create accounts with usernames and passwords, while returning applicants must log in to apply.
- For both entry-level and managerial jobs, the application begins by permitting candidates to upload resumes. Applicants choosing not to upload resumes must complete the rest of the form manually.
- The application form includes sections for personal information, work experience, and academic backgrounds. Applicants must also complete a questionnaire regarding eligibility to work and an assessment evaluating various job skills and character traits.
- Before submitting the application, candidates must sign the form electronically to verify the accuracy of the information provided. Staples usually sends automated emails to confirm receipt of completed application forms.
Regularly available employment opportunities range from entry-level jobs to retail management positions. Entry-level store employees typically work as sales associates responsible for serving customers. Sales associate jobs generally involve finding, explaining, and recommending products for shoppers, processing customer purchases at checkout stations, and keeping the store clean, organized, and fully stocked with merchandise. Applicants with previous retail experience often qualify for management positions, which entail supervising subordinate workers, implementing sales and promotions, and overseeing the financial performance of the store. Staples also hires team members to fill entry-level and supervisory jobs available at in-store copy and print centers.
As a leading retail chain, Staples maintains the resources necessary to provide workers with an array of employment benefits. Eligible crew members take advantage of health benefits like medical, dental, and vision plans with flexible spending accounts as well as options for health savings accounts. Qualified workers also enjoy financial benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, scholarship programs, and employee stock purchase plans. Paid vacation time, merchandise discounts, and associate referral bonuses represent some of the other job benefits available to qualifying employees.
Helpful Tips For Applying
Job seekers applying online should take advantage of the opportunity to upload resumes or import personal LinkedIn profiles. Using a resume or social media profile enables the application form to extract and fill in the relevant information automatically and serves as a valuable time-saving device. Applicants should also indicate the ability to work as many shifts as possible when filling out the chart for schedule availability. Indicating open or flexible availability often increases chances of gaining employment, as retail hiring managers need to staff a variety of work shifts. When completing the assessment, applicants should respond to questions honestly and give consistent answers to queries.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Staples conveniently allows applicants to check on the status of a submission at any time after applying simply by logging in with usernames and passwords created at the beginning of the application process. After logging in, applicants must click the tab labelled My Jobpage and then navigate to the page designated for Completed Submissions. The page contains a link marked Submission Status, which provides access to additional information regarding the status of an application in question. Applicants may also call or visit the appropriate store and ask to speak with the manager in charge of hiring in order to gain further information and potentially make a positive personal connection.