Why Work Here? Whether looking for a first job or broadening career prospects, potential associates find fun, pet-oriented, and beneficial work environments at Petco. Opportunities to improve the lives of both pets and pet owners remain essential to the company credo. The specialty pet retailer always seeks new crew members to join the growing industry.
Petco Online Application Process
Petco allows applicants the opportunity to apply for positions online through an easily accessible company job portal. Candidates must visit the careers page at: http://careers.petco.com/index.asp and follow the instructions below in order to apply:
Follow the steps below to apply using the Petco site
- After accessing the company careers portal, search current openings by selecting from dropdown menus and finding nearby stores or places of employment.
- Candidates should choose corresponding job titles, read descriptions of duties and responsibilities, and then select Apply Online.
- Users must then create profiles using basic contact information and work availability.
- Next, potential associates complete a thorough questionnaire. Applicants should put aside between 30 and 40 minutes to complete the survey.
- The questionnaire consists of queries related to work experience, education, and references.
- When finished, applicants submit hiring materials and should receive confirmation via email at the address supplied.
Petco offers job seekers a diverse array of employment opportunities. Associates generally work in customer service-related positions with the pet supply retailer. Employees may act as cashiers, sales associates, pet stylists, and dog trainers. Entry-level jobs necessitate friendly attitudes, attention to detail, and a love of all animals. Applicants with experience in retail management fill roles as department supervisors, assistant store managers, and store managers. Other positions may include stocker, maintenance worker, and warehouse associate, depending on each location.
The specialty retailer offers eligible employees comprehensive job benefits packages. Qualified associates receive medical, dental, and vision plans as well as long- and short-term disability coverage. Petco also looks after employee and pet wellbeing and offers fitness center, pet insurance, and cell phone plan discounts. Employees may qualify for paid time off, holiday pay, and vacation time, as well. All personnel enjoy generous store discounts along with enrollment in company-matched 401(k) retirement plans.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Before filling out the Petco online application, take time to research the company. Gauge corporate goals, standards, and expectations in order to answer questions accurately and appropriately. Fill out the application form completely and leave no question unanswered. Show open availability to appeal to the employer and fulfill the necessity to remain flexible in scheduling. Remain truthful when disclosing personal information, as the specialty pet supplier conducts thorough background checks upon hire.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
While appealing to hiring managers shows initiative, applicants should limit follow ups to about once a week to show genuine respect for manager duties. When following up via email, phone, or in person, ask hiring personnel about the expected time frames for hiring decisions. Show enthusiasm for working with animals and relay any volunteer or professional experience involving pet or animal care. Applicants typically hear from Petco managers within one to two weeks of submitting hiring materials.