Why Work Here? The appeal of working for Macy’s largely centers on the widespread availability and accessibility of positions within the department store chain. Applicants looking for part-time or full-time work in a variety of fields may find viable employment options with the storied retailer. The department store operates free-standing locations in addition to mall-based operations in high-trafficked populated, suburban, and rural areas throughout the United States. Employees receive paid training, generous starting pay, opportunities for commission, flexible scheduling, and access to exceptional work benefits packages, as well.
Macy’s Online Application Process
Macy’s provides online access to the application process. After logging on to the online careers page: http://www.macysjobs.com/ job seekers must follow the instructions listed below to apply:
- The web portal prompts users to indicate new user status or returning user status by clicking on a corresponding tab. Returning users redirect to personal profile landing platforms, with contact and employment information, including resumes and cover letters, readily available to apply for other retail jobs.
- New users must create profiles from scratch beginning with selecting specific positions and store locations desired.
- After entering the basic information for sought-after jobs, workers may view brief position descriptions. By clicking Apply at the top of the descriptions, applicants receive prompting to create the required user profile, which involves a username and password.
- Candidates may upload employment data from social media sites like LinkedIn to expedite the process.
- Upon completing examinations, workers then move on to job questionnaires, diversity inclusion statements, disclosures about company policies on hiring, and consent forms. Job seekers then submit online forms after receiving prompts to review the application for validity.
As a major retailer, Macy’s primarily offers positions involving customer service job duties. Prospective associates may use the online application process to apply for work in retail, call center, and warehouse capacities. Entry-level retail jobs available include associate positions, which carry sales, customer service, and stocking responsibilities. Call center jobs also involve sales duties in addition to general customer service reception. Warehouse work typically involves manual labor, specifically the loading and unloading of shipments for distribution. Motivated individuals may move up in rank to managerial or supervisory positions through proven work performance and experience gained. Both entry-level opportunities and professional careers in management remain accessible through the online application process, as well.
While Macy’s reserves most available job benefits for full-time staffs, employees of all ranks enjoy paid training, defined career paths, generous base pay, ample salary options, and discounts on merchandise. Eligible associates in positions featuring 40 hours per week also receive medical and dental plans, access to employee assistance programs, disability income protection, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and healthcare spending accounts. In-store discounts available to workers often include up to 20-percent off both regular and marked-down sale prices.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Job seekers should take advantage of the ability to stop and save progress during the application process if needed. The online form allows individuals to pause and save progress already made to return to the form at later dates. Preparing the necessary information to enter into the appropriate data fields beforehand generally aids associates in completing the document; however, in the event time becomes an issue or access to required information becomes limited, workers should save progress and return to the document to avoid entering in potentially falsified or inaccurate information, which may result in disqualification from consideration.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Despite the retail chain encouraging applicants to apply for jobs online, Macy’s employment hopefuls should call or visit desired locations to check in on hiring statuses after submitting required forms. Applicants should wait at least a few days before contacting hiring personnel regarding outstanding applications. Whether calling or visiting, workers should choose slower hours of operation to avoid the possibility of aggravating managers. Dress in business-appropriate attire when making follow ups in person. Remain cordial and grateful at all times. Follow-up contact often serves as a first impression between candidates and potential managers.