Why Work Here? A multinational chain specializing in breakfast foods, IHOP, short for International House of Pancakes, first opened in 1958. The company remains owned by DineEquity; however, roughly 99 percent of restaurants stand as independent franchises. Menus feature not only pancakes, French toast, and omelets but lunch and dinner selections, as well. The breakfast chain maintains 1,600 locations in the United States and Canada and continues to expand throughout the world, with international operations in Dubai and Kuwait. Annual revenues fall around $349 million. Corporate headquarters reside in Glendale, CA.
As the number of restaurants continues to grow, the amount of employees needed to support locations also increases. IHOP employs approximately 32,000 staff members to ensure exceptional customer service. At the forefront of a dynamic industry, the chain remains one of the largest private employers. Staff members enjoy flexible scheduling, competitive wages, and room for advancement. Opportunities in corporate offices allows eager aspirants to move from entry-level crew member positions to professional career pursuers.
IHOP Online Application Process
Candidates locate exciting career opportunities by applying through the online career network: http://www.ihop.com/careers. A detailed guide listed below explains the application process.
- The main career page allows online applicants to choose between restaurant and corporate careers, which job hunters complete by selecting from the blue buttons on the left side.
- Most entry-level positions begin through openings in the restaurant. After selecting the button, opportunities generate on a page and list name, city, state, and brand. Candidates should select a job title and read the description of the listing.
- Candidates should select the Apply Online link and then Click Here to Create a New Account.
- An application form populates and requests online users to copy and paste professional resumes into the space provided. To begin, the document asks for general information, such as name, contact details, and present address.
- Applicants must also provide information like passwords and secret answers to security questions. Click Next to continue the process.
- The succeeding page asks applicants to upload resumes or skip to the next page.
- Job seekers now enter previous employment information to include job title, length of work, salary, and address of employer.
- Basic eligibility questions appear on the following screen and request if individuals stand over 18 years old.
- After answering questions, the next category inquires about education. Aspirants provide the highest levels of schooling achieved, locations of the institutions, and years attended. Candidates then answer more previous employment questions.
- A terms and conditions statement must receive formal acknowledgement by agreeing to the stipulations outlined. Candidates move on by clicking Next.
- The final question asks how the online profile creator discovered the position, while the last page thanks the potential employee for applying.
The well-known breakfast restaurant resides across much of the United States and consistently seeks new-hires for entry-level positions. Crew members fill line cook, server, busser, and host or hostess jobs with regularity. Front-of-house team members directly interact with customers by creating enthusiastic and welcoming environments. Most employees handle food at some point during given shifts. Server wages hover around $4.00 an hour; however, tips normally bring pay rates up to $10.00 or more hourly. Hosts and hostesses earn hourly wages of $8.00. Managerial roles within the restaurant include assistant and general positions. Assistant managers make around $25,000 annual salary. Earning $50,000 a year, general managers must possess previous experience in restaurant settings and managerial backgrounds. Corporate positions in support centers, franchisee operations, and testing locations remain available, as well.
Franchised locations may grant employees varying job benefits. On average, staff members receive competitive salary options, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plans, life insurance, and paid time off. Further rewards range from meal discounts and employee assistance programs to health spending accounts and domestic partner benefits. The company helps workers achieve career aspirations by hiring from within and offering tuition assistance for select individuals. IHOP environments support diversity and embrace individuals with different races, genders, ages, religions, and cultures, which increase employee retention.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Applicants may shorten the application process by preparing the necessary information ahead of time. Details about previous employment, references, and educational background stand required for every position. Candidates should also read through job descriptions and tailor resumes to fit skillsets with sought-after positions. By answering questions professionally and maintaining well-organized resumes, aspirants increase the likelihood of hiring consideration. Successful candidates for team member jobs generally possess personal interests in the food industry and customer service.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Qualified job seekers should expect to hear from recruiters within a few days to two weeks after sending in the required hiring forms. In-person interviews follow next in the hiring process. If a candidate does not hear from a hiring leader within a few days, the contender should arrive in person and request an update on the status of the application. Aspirants may also call for updates. With the large number of restaurants, potential staff should reapply if not selected for the first position of interest. Individuals should apply at multiple locations, as well.