Why Work Here? Serving communities throughout Arizona since 1954, Fry’s Food Store provides grocery goods to over one million households per week. More than 17,000 associates work at one of the roughly 120 locations. Nearby residents enjoy access to grocery products like baked goods, dairy, deli, frozen foods, meats, pharmaceuticals, produce, seafood, snacks, and liquor items. Donald Fry opened the first location in California with the help of his brother, and later expanded into Arizona by 1960. The business sold to Dillons in 1972, followed by a merge with Kroger in 1983. The parent company, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, hires over 343,000 employees and yields approximately $108.5 billion in annual revenue.
Potential hires select from entry-level associate opportunities if lacking extensive experience. Most hourly positions require excellent communication skills along with demonstration of expert customer service. Variety in obtainable positions allow individuals to choose between cashier, deli, bakery, maintenance, floral, and pharmacy openings. As a subsidiary of Kroger, Fry’s Food Store successfully offers total rewards employment benefits packages to compliment the physical, financial, and personal well-being of workers. On top of standard work benefits, employees garner flexible schedules, promotion opportunities, team-oriented environments, and discounted products.
Fry’s Food Store Online Application Process
Identify openings with the supermarket by visiting the online website: https://jobs.kroger.com/frys-food-stores/go/Fry's-Food-Stores/571300/. Aspirants submit applications by following the detailed list of directions below:
- Once on the career page, candidates may immediately begin keyword- and location-focused searches by filling in the blanks and hitting the red search button. Alternatively, all available opportunities stand listed at the bottom of the main page and display by title and location.
- After applicants select job titles and click on the hyperlink, descriptions of the responsibility, requirements, and company information display. Aspirants should carefully read through details in order to adjust resumes and highlight relevant experiences and skills. Contenders click the Apply Now button to continue.
- Valid emails, full names, zip codes, and passwords create necessary profiles. Once submitted, applicants navigate to the Kroger career network and reread job information before clicking apply, yet again.
- A profile manager appears and candidates should click next to continue the application form. A long, one-paged form appears, which remains broken into categories. Candidates start by uploading resumes and cover letters.
- General information, such as highest levels of education, service in the United States Armed Forces, and if any known relatives worked for the company, stands requested in the next category. Availability follows the succeeding section and drop-down selections ask users to specifically identify hours available Sunday through Saturday.
- The next three sections remain short but essential and include personal background information, emergency contact information, and applicant statement. Many questions simply ask Yes or No and others request names and phone numbers.
- Voluntary information appears at the bottom of the page and inquires about age, legal right to work, and criminal background history. Aspirants click Next to move onwards. A confirmation page appears, thanking candidates for applying and allowing the option to return to the job search page.
While typical hourly store positions remain available, Fry’s also employs aspirants to fill roles in clinical, corporate, technology, logistics, manufacturing, pharmacy, and store management vacancies. Grocery and convenience store associates stand as essential members of the workforce, and may include job titles like cashier, bagger, stocker, and customer service representative. Different departments also maintain a variety of needs, often requiring deli clerks, bakery associates, and coffee shop workers. Every position requires prospective workers to demonstrate the ability to provide top-notch customer service. Entry-level employees may move into managerial roles after gaining the proper experience and retail knowledge. Typically, individuals without experience earn salary packages beginning at $8.00 to $9.00 an hour, while assistant managers garner as much as $52,000 annually.
Highly competitive rewards packages allow employees to feel valued and respected. Workers receive much more than just paychecks and enjoy access to medical, dental, and vision insurance. Other perks may include 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, product discounts, and life insurance. More unique employment benefits range from stock options and discounted auto insurance to gym memberships and employee assistance programs. Fry’s routinely hires from within, which allows staff to grow professionally and in a variety of areas.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Candidates eliminate a lengthy application process by gathering information about past employers and education ahead of time. Prospective team members learn about the job through reading descriptions on the career network. Ideal aspirants maintain interest in customer service or the grocery store industry. Resumes should highlight former retail experience or at the very least high school degrees (or equivalent GEDs). Contenders generally stand over 18 years of age, especially for positions like meat cutter or management. Application forms should display as much relevant information as possible, and candidates do well to glance over the documents before submission.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
After applying online, contenders receive phone calls or emails from recruiters requesting in person interviews. Time frames may vary but typical wait periods remain one to three weeks long. Eager aspirants often choose to follow up in person or over the phone. Upon arrival, potential employees must remain respectful of time and stay professional. Positions consistently come available and applicants should reapply in the future if desirable openings fills.