Why Work Here? More than 500 stores strong, Champs Sports offers prime opportunities for entry-level job seekers and career hopefuls alike. Specializing in athletic wear, the company prefers to hire aspirants with previous knowledge of sports and sports-branded apparel. Candidates from diverse backgrounds may find fitting work hours, as the company hires part-time, full-time, and seasonal workers. Many employees report generous merchandise discounts as well as attractive wages and work benefits. Positions available at store locations remain appropriate for socially adept job hopefuls. As the chain sells athletic wear, company policy requires employees to don similar apparel while on the clock.
Champs Sports Online Application Process
Aspiring Champs Sports employees may locate applications online at: http://sneakerjobs.com/careers/champs-sports-jobs/. Aspirants should read the directions listed below to successfully fill out and submit applications.
- The application form requires prior employer names, locations, and phone numbers. Applicants must also provide brief descriptions of titles held and duties carried out. Job hopefuls need to indicate if Champs Sports may contact previous employers, as well.
- To continue on to the education portion, click the Next Step button. Here applicants fill out school names, types of courses, years attended, and whether or not graduation occurred. Individuals with volunteer experience or additional skills related to position applied for may insert credentials at the bottom of the page.
- The following section requests two references complete with names, relationships, emails, phone numbers, and years known.
- Upon completion, candidates go on to fill out a 30-minute questionnaire.
- The end of the application requests users to certify the truth and accuracy of the entire form. Click Submit Your Application to officially apply with Champs Sports.
Typical entry-level retail positions remain available at many store locations. Sales associates direct customers to products of interest, provide information, and close out sales. Duties require sociable character, math and writing skills, and the ability to learn quickly. Maintenance responsibilities entail sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, and taking waste to trash receptacles. Sales associates may earn higher-ranking titles through display of leadership and completing sales goals. As assistant managers, workers help store managers with hiring workers, maintaining teamwork-friendly environments, and assisting sales associates as needed. Store managers also analyze profits and take inventory counts for future ordering procedures.
Employee benefits and salary options remain commensurate with industry standards. Upon working with Champs Sports for required amounts of time, associates gain access to 401(k) retirement plans, health insurance, and paid time off. Workers also enjoy discounts on store merchandise and with affiliated brands. Upper management generally receive greater access to work benefits in conjunction with elevated salary packages.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Candidates should minimize time applying online by gathering required information beforehand. Collect school addresses, employer information, and ready personal details. Contact references to ensure willingness to provide personal information. Only include relevant work-related experience and keep in mind hiring personnel read many applications for each position. Catch the eye of recruiters by indicating open scheduling availability. Read over each entry carefully to avoid small mistakes which may exclude an application from consideration.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Candidates hoping to leave beneficial impressions for hiring consideration should attempt follow-up contact with hiring staff. Wait a few days before initiating contact to ensure hiring recruiters reviewed the application. Best results stem from meeting employers in person. Additional acceptable routes for following up on applications include telephone and email. While face-to-face meetings remain ideal, receiving interview offers frequently occurs from even minimal contact, as the gesture shows sincerity to achieve positioning with Champs Sports.