Why Work Here? A premier retailer specializing in sports, outdoor, and lifestyle products, Academy Sports + Outdoors delivers an unparalleled shopping experience. Customers shop through an assortment of camping, hunting, fishing, sport and leisure items, footwear, and apparel. Products appeal to all ages, no matter the skill or interest level. Based in Texas, the retailer operates more than 200 stores residing throughout nearly 15 states, such as Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Georgia. To stay industry competitive, the company offers everyday low prices, top-notch customer service, quality goods, and convenience.
The family-focused cultures and community engagement of retail stores regularly seek talented individuals to add to the mix. Approximately 23,000 associates work for the retailer throughout the South, Southeast, and Midwest. Entry-level candidates take on fulfilling careers with upward growth, flexible scheduling, friendly environments, and exceptional perks. As the company continues to strive forward as a leader in the sporting industry, dedicated employees learn superior customer service tactics and maintain quality attention to meeting store needs. Openings regularly arise in stores, distribution centers, and the company corporate offices.
Academy Sports + Outdoors Online Application Process
By applying online, applicants submit forms in order to receive hiring consideration from management. http://www.academy.com/shop/store/Careers?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051. The application process begins by following the directions listed below:
- Aspirants begin the process for employment by choosing between store, distribution center, and corporate office positions. If selecting a store opening, candidates should scroll over the drop down list and pick between hourly or salaried opportunities.
- If selecting a standard, entry-level hourly position, an individual should click the button and see a list of available job titles and locations. Upon reading the description of a position of interest, click Apply Now.
- Applicants arrive at a login page and may select New User to continue. By selecting usernames, passwords, and providing email addresses, candidates may apply again in the future or check the statuses of applications previously submitted.
- The application form appears on the next page and instructs job hunters to select how the job opening was discovered. Some examples include through billboards, job fairs, or even social media. Users click Save and Continue to move onward.
- Potential employees select from the available choices of uploading resumes, pulling resumes from LinkedIn accounts, or manually entering information. The next page allows users to add other attachments, such as cover letters or references. A blank space lets candidates copy and paste resumes.
- Basic personal information and contact details follow on the succeeding page. On the same page, prospective team members also add scheduling availability and amount of hours requested each week.
- A few questions about employment eligibility, such as submitting to background and drug screenings, appear on the next page.
- Next, applicants fill in education and work history. The application requests important details about the names of any schools attended and highest education levels achieved. For work history, individuals list employers, phone numbers, starting and ending wages, lengths of employment, and reasons for leaving.
- Large spaces prompt candidates to describe further qualifications, career objectives, and other information pertaining to positions for hire. Another section afterwards requests additional comments, as well.
- An experience profile generates on the following page. Recruiters read through answers of work flexibility, relevant experience, and number of years working with customers.
- Background information populates as the next category and requests details about crime conviction, previous employment with the company, relatives employed with the retailer, and the use of direct deposit.
- An e-signature remains necessary after reading through the provided statement. Afterwards, a summary of the entire application appears for users to review. Candidates click Submit to end the application process.
Passionate candidates find rewarding part-time and full-time careers working for Academy Sports + Outdoors. Within the company, job seekers pursue employment in store locations, one of the three distribution centers, or the main corporate offices. In stores, entry-level aspirants engage in opportunities such as cashier, customer service representative, sales associate, and receiving associate. Staff members working directly with customers may yield hourly wages between $8.00 and $10.00 an hour. Managers receive salary packages around $45,000 for taking on advanced work. Locations require contenders to communicate effortlessly, stand by the philosophy of the company, and seek profitability for the business. Specific skills may necessitate counting and mathematical abilities, upselling knowledge, and impressive verbal communication.
Associates qualify for a number of enticing employment benefits designed to meet a wide selection of needs. To reach peak performance, the retailer aides workers with development, training, and growth opportunities. The company promotes the well-being of laborers through medical, dental, and vision insurance. Other in-demand perks include 401(k) retirement plans, merchandise discounts, tuition assistance, bonus programs, and paid time off. Employees partake in diverse, team-oriented environments geared toward creating enjoyable work experiences.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Aspirants should carefully fill out the online application form with relevant and recent information. To quicken the process, applicants should gather details ahead of time, such as previous employment and educational history. Ideally, candidates demonstrate an ability to work in team environments and always put the customer first. Most potential workers maintain interest in sports, outdoor activities, and retail. Individuals should carefully read job descriptions and only apply for qualified openings. Some people may choose to call nearby locations to find out about possible occupations available.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
After researching the position and retailer, job seekers should prepare questions for the interview. On average, qualified candidates hear back within a few days to two weeks in regards to submitted applications. Eager applicants often arrive in person or call over the phone to follow up on recently submitted forms. Opportunities frequently become available and contenders should reapply if not selected for the first position of interest. In addition, applying to multiple store locations helps to increase the likelihood of gaining hiring consideration.