Why Work Here?
Operating in the United States, ABM was founded in 1909 as a facility management provider. Morris Rosenberg developed the concept in San Francisco, CA, as a window washing business. One of the largest providers in the industry, the company operates around 300 offices and over 20 international locations. Business primarily extends to commercial, government, industrial, and retail clients, and includes services like electrical and lightning, energy, HVAC and mechanical, landscape, and janitorial services. Revenues reach approximately $5 billion annually.
Roughly 118,000 employees work for the company. An internal training program teaches highly useful skills, which laborers utilize to meet professional goals. Inclusive work environments make employees feel valued and respected for unique perspectives. The facility management provider also extends high-quality and competitive employee benefits. Workers have unlimited potential for career advancement.
ABM Industries Online Application Process
Aspirants may submit online applications by clicking on the following website to view openings: http://www.abm.com/pages/careers.aspx>. Candidates should follow the listed directions in order to begin the hiring process.
- Applicants click on the Career Search tab to access available positions. Next, contenders select between service jobs and management positions.
- Select the appropriate tab and a generated list of openings appears. Candidates click on the job title to view descriptions or may choose Apply Via Web to start the application.
- First-time users must register accounts, while returning members enter in emails and passwords. To create accounts, job seekers enter contact details and referral sources.
- After completing the login information, the application appears and candidates may begin entering essential details such as home cities, state, phone number, and email address. The option to upload a resume also appears.
- At one point, the submission requests job seekers to mention areas of expertise and career levels achieved, followed by salary requirements and availability.
- Online profile creators answer a few questions on age, sponsorship in the U.S., and whether any relatives work for the company.
- The succeeding category inquires about previous work experience, prior job titles, locations of former employers, start and end dates, and reasons for leaving. Applicants must also provide education backgrounds.
- After clicking Next, aspirants arrive at an attachments page and may upload supporting documents.
- The next category focuses on diversity information and asks about gender and race. Applicants then preview the entire form before submitting the application to recruiters.
Positions in service-related areas remain regularly available and consist of part-time and full-time opportunities. Accessible job titles include general cleaner, shuttle driver, floor attendant, and landscaper. Entry-level positions offer base pay around $8.00 per hour. Essential duties may include emptying waste baskets, vacuuming, dusting furniture, and interacting with clients. Other areas of expertise include engineering, energy solutions, electrical, HVAC, and parking and security. Management titles range from maintenance manager and human resources director to security lead and operations manager. Lead positions are paid $10.00 an hour.
Valued employees and family members receive exceptional work benefits packages, which support overall health, financial, and mental wellbeing. Medical, dental, and vision coverage along with life insurance and short-term disability are common job benefits. Financial programs like 401(k) retirement plans and employee stock purchase plans entice workers to prepare for future goals. Additional perks include an employee assistance program, healthcare flexible spending account, a parking and transit program, paid holidays and vacation, sick days, and a market place discount mall.
Helpful Tips for Applying
Aspirants should read through job descriptions before applying. Preparing resumes and relevant contact information allows the application process to go quickly. Targeted candidates demonstrate desirable skills sets, display professional appearances, and showcase excellent communication tactics. Interest and previous experience in the industry helps applicants, too. Specific jobs may become available during certain times of the year, and contenders should apply a few months before busy seasons hit.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
Workers can check on applications electronically. Within a day or two, candidates should receive calls from hiring leaders to schedule interviews. Aspirants may also choose to contact recruiters through email or phone to request updates on applications. Unqualified candidates may not receive contact from hiring managers due to the large numbers of individuals applying. Job hunters should reapply in the future or for multiple positions if not successful the first time to show continued interest.