Why Work Here? Dollar-price-point retailer 99 Cents Only Stores operates more than 350 locations throughout the United States. A company with roots tracing back to the early 1960s, the retail chain boasts decades of success and growth and consistently looks to hire new and motivated workers to join existing staffs. Though operating exclusively on the West Coast and American Southwest, the regional discount retailer offers widespread opportunities for employment. Applicants routinely find work in traditional stores as well as careers available at two major distribution warehouses and the company corporate headquarters. The chain intends to increase operations in the near future, which means new stores, new opportunities for career development, and hundreds of new jobs.
99 Cents Only Stores Online Application Process
99 Cents Only Stores provides job seekers an online application process. Workers should visit the company careers portal: https://99only.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=1&company_id=15983 and then follow the steps below to complete and submit hiring forms.
- Applicants begin by logging on to the company website and finding the tab labeled Careers near the top of the homepage. After clicking the tab, job seekers arrive at a webpage dedicated to jobs available with the retail chain.
- The careers page offers three major types of employment in clickable tabs on the left of the screen labeled retail, logistics, and corporate.
- Workers may click on any of the different types of job opportunities available to bring up lists of positions complete with descriptions and requirements.
- Each position description provides links to submit resumes and/or cover letters. Users may upload new resumes, update old ones, or submit previously uploaded resumes.
- Moving forward, applicants must complete brief questionnaires asking for contact information and valid email addresses in order to create user profiles. The job assessment also asks questions regarding legal authorization to work in the U.S., job preferences, education history, and work history.
- Information uploaded in resumes automatically uploads to the careers portal.
- The 99 Cents Only Stores online application commences with a brief statement about Equal Opportunity Employment. Workers may review applications prior to submission.
Search 99 Cents Only Store Jobs
Other than sales associate, 99 Cents Only Stores offer entry-level management opportunities as key holders. Job seekers may also move into or apply online for store manager positions. Sales associate jobs require no formal experience and offer part-time and full-time hours. Responsibilities include stocking shelves, operating cash registers, and assisting customers with purchases. Key holders also work part-time and full-time and supervise entry-level workers, set schedules, and organize daily operations. Store managers hire and train employees, track inventories, order supplies and merchandise, and ensure the profitability of each store.
Most 99 Cents Only Stores impose casual dress codes and fun, relaxed atmospheres for employees and customers alike. Stores also offer weekly pay and compensated training. Merchandise discounts and competitive base pay and salary options highlight typical available employment benefits, as well. Eligible employees enjoy healthcare coverage, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, personal days, paid vacation, and life insurance options.
Helpful Tips For Applying
Personality traits often represent the most sought-after aspects of new employees. Applicants must enjoy retail settings requiring regular interaction with the general public and teamwork. Job seekers able to highlight desired traits through employment documents submitted to hiring personnel may outperform other candidates during the employment process. The online application form takes roughly 15 minutes to complete. Preparing resumes prior to completing the online form often speeds up the process and places job hopefuls under formal review ahead of others.
How to Follow Up After Applying Online
The automated careers page sends confirmation emails to employment hunters immediately after submitting hiring forms online. Workers may also submit applications in person. Regardless of the methods used to apply, most employment hunters pass through the hiring process within a week. Job seekers may call management or visit locations personally to check up on submitted application forms. Applicants who check on application statuses in person often undergo impromptu interviews. Keep in mind the busy schedules managers often maintain in order to avoid becoming a nuisance or disrupting the flow of daily operations.